Central Illinois Builders’ Industry Advancement Foundation (IAF) is now in its 42nd year of providing service to the central Illinois construction industry. Thanks to the dedication of many individuals and your contributions, IAF remains a viable source of funding for construction programs and services.
Thank you for your support.
Although IAF’s reserves have been adversely affected by the downturn in the economy, IAF should still be able to continue most of its programs in 2011. Promotion of the union construction industry is even more important in these unsettling times.
Programs continuing in 2011 are:
- Supervisory Training Programs
- Safety Seminars
- Safety Awards Program
- George Johnson Fund at Bradley University (benefits Bradley’s construction department)
- Support of the AGC Student Chapters at Bradley University, Illinois State University and Western Illinois University
- University of Illinois Scholarship
- Illinois State University Scholarship
- AGC Education and Research Foundation Scholarships (3)
- Workforce Development
- Government Liaison
- Joint Committee with the Architects and Engineers
- Negotiation and Maintenance of Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Labor information, including contracts and wage addendums, on cibagc.org website.
- Substance Abuse Testing Programs for the basic crafts
- Trustees for Taft-Hartley Funds
- Promotion of Union Construction
- Participation at Regional and National Meetings
Thank you again for your support of the Industry Advancement Foundation. This solid source of funding, negotiated into collective bargaining agreements, provides the wherewithal to sponsor programs, which benefit the entire union construction industry.
Edward J. Hynds, Jr., Chairman
English Brothers Co.
John B. Meek, Secretary
Donald H. Evans, Trustee
Evans Construction Co.
Douglas J. McCoy, Trustee
McCoy Construction Co.
Halden W. Schinzler, Trustee
Dennis W. Larson, Plan Consultant